
Don't you love the color? I had never tasted gooseberries, but A. grew up with them. He quickly decided he had to make them into jam and got busy and whipped some up and spread it on rye bread. He was very impatiently waiting for me to take the picture I insisted on:

He could hardly wait to sink his teeth into it and enjoy the flavor he remembers from years ago. I tried it - he's happy that he need not share it with me. :o) It has kind of a different taste. There is an odd lingering flavor that reminds me of some spice or something. I know - caraway. It reminds me of caraway seeds. No wonder I'm not overly fond of it!


2 comments:
Beautiful! At first I thought that they were green glass beads.
LOL, I can just see him rolling his eyes while you set up for a picture Ü I get this ALL the time!
Those berries are so cool looking, too bad they don't taste better!
Post a Comment