Well, I don't rightly know why I'm doing this, because no one even knows I blog yet, and no one reads it, but hey . . . it feels kind of good to get thoughts to "paper". :o)
I am reminded lately that the Lord's will for me is in the details that make up my life, not in big life-changing experiences or mysterious light-bulb moments where everything suddenly becomes clear. I should be taking the little things that normally would grate on me from Him, my loving Father. He desires to shape me through them, but sadly, I'm often irritated by them instead of exercised by them, and miss the blessing. "He doeth all things well."
I just got in from throwing wood on the fire (cough, cough) and shoveling until I couldn't do it anymore (I am so out of shape that it is pitiful). Funny thing is, I felt the best all day while I was shoveling! It was strangely invigorating. The snow IS beautiful - I think we've gotten at least 6 inches in the last 18 hours.
We've been having van troubles. Sometimes it won't downshift when climbing up to highway speeds - you have to pull over and turn it off and start it up and try again. Except that sometimes it still won't downshift, so you just drive 70 km/hr and put the hazard lights on and hope there's not much traffic. So - no trips to the city or anywhere else far away, for now. The van has high miles and is a '94, so it doesn't seem to make much sense to throw so much $$ into a new transmission. The Lord must have a different vehicle in mind for us. Old Nellie has served us well for several years, without many repairs, so I'm very thankful for that.
December 4, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment