Here I am, unwinding, after another evening of work. I was called in today, as they were unable to find anyone else. They know I don't usually pick up extra shifts, so she asked if I would work tonight in exchange for getting another evening of my choice off. Sooooooo - I asked for K's birthday off, and got it! Also found out that I can have the vacation day I asked for (Dec. 15) in order to take J to the airport, as she is going to visit a friend and on to LA conference from there. AND I also traded a shift on Dec. 14 in order to be able to go to J's candlelight Christmas concert. So I was pretty happy to get those 3 days off! It often doesn't work out for me to switch shifts, and I just have to miss lots of things.
Hmmmmm - what else did I do today? Spent time with Buddy, of course, as we are homeschooling. Went to the MCC thrift store, as it is Tuesday. Found 3 books for a grand total of $1.10 (I love MCC). One is a big atlas - looks like a nice book (50 cents), one was about Pocahontas, and one was an old Moody Press book - missionary stories. I also got a big pan of Chicken & Rice ready for J to pop in the oven when she got home from school. I had to do it without the recipe, as I couldn't find it, but I think it turned out. At least it looks like it turned out, and it smells yummy in the house.
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz - really MUST go to bed. I think I am unwound now. :o) I feel quite the opposite of wound.
November 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment