January 22, 2008

Tough little kids!

We raise 'em tough here on the prairies. This morning I was reading the elementary school newsletter where they included a little blurb about their policy on recess in cold weather. When the windchill is -27 C or warmer, recess is outside. When it's -27 C to -35 C, the staff decides. When the windchill is -35 C or colder, recess is inside. So, recess could be outside when the windchill is -34 C! Hopefully everyone has warm boots and snowpants! :o)

1 comment:

Rachel Harris said...

Oh my goodness!!! I CANNOT imagine!! Crazy!

Thank you for visiting my blog and commenting. It sounds like your kids are so blessed to have you as their mom and teacher. Hindsight is always 20/20 and while it may have been nice to have them home from the beginning, I believe He has a reason and purpose for having things happen the exact way they did :-) Cherish the memories you are making now and the amazing ones ahead!

Blessings
Rachel