October 2, 2008

Tommy the Turtle

This is going back in time a bit, but when we came home from Regina the beginning of August, we had to make a stop in Boissevain so that A could do a tiny little job there for a customer. I'm never thrilled about doing this, because sometimes these little jobs can grow into bigger ones, and it ends up taking much longer than expected. This time I was promised "only 15 minutes!" and in actual fact it turned out to be less than 10. Meanwhile, I took the kids a couple blocks away to check out Boissevain's giant turtle, Tommy.



C was less than excited about being part of this shot. It is kind of little kid-ish, but he survived:



Apparently they have turtle races during their town festival.


Not too far from Tommy, there's a gift shop with some neat items for sale. Here's a chair made of antlers:



The International Peace Gardens are just a little ways down the road from Boissevain (25 miles or so) and I've always wanted to go, but it was getting late and we had some miles yet to cover to get home, so we decided against it. We'll have to check that out another time.

No comments: