September 23, 2008

A Cowboy and some flowers (not in that order)

A few flowers are still blooming outside.

This is K's flower bed. Good old petunias - long lasting color:



A few containers on our unfinished deck:



'Matrona' sedum and a Bee:



And one of my favorites, Black Eyed Susans (rudbeckia):



This is Cowboy, C's golden retriever:



Since we taught him to shake a paw he often puts his paw on your knee or back when you get down to his level. Often when I'm out kneeling down at the flower beds weeding or whatever, I'll suddenly feel a paw on my shoulder.



I love him to pieces - he's not in your face and not a licky dog, but quite laid back and lovable, like a big teddy bear.



The other day there were geese congregating on the field across the road, and once he spotted them he was off like a shot. They were too fast for him.

1 comment:

The Chatty Housewife said...

Pretty flowers and beautiful dog!