April 29, 2009

A Brings Home Trouble

One Saturday about a month ago, A was driving home from running errands and phoned saying he was "bringing home trouble". Hmmmm....

I asked if it was alive. It was. K gleefully ran down the road so as to more quickly meet whatever it was he had. It was 2 calico kittens, madly trying to escape a cardboard box.

Since building the little barn last summer, A mentioned we needed to expand our cat population to keep up with the mouse population. We did have 2 toms, Socks and Skittles, but Socks disappeared over the winter and had been gone for months. I said I wanted a calico kitten. He brings me two! (What a guy!) K and I decided to go with flower names for the females, and continue with the candy theme for any males that come our way.
So - the kittens adorning the top of my blog are Daisy, the long haired one on the left, and Lily, on the right. Cute, eh?

Wouldn't you know, within a week of getting the kittens, Socks reappears. He's grumpy and has the loudest annoying meow, and is now missing part of his ear. Last week he attacked Lily and K was heartbroken to discover her bleeding on the ear and paw. I jokingly advertised Socks to give away on Facebook, and actually had some takers!, but none were local. (No, I don't want to travel 6 hours in the car with a grumpy tom cat! I like my skin in one piece, thank you very much.) We haven't seen much of him since he attacked Lily. Perhaps he has a guilty conscience?


Daisy, pre-pounce:



Lily:



A Very Dirty Dog Indeed:



2 comments:

Glenda Conner said...

Awww they are so cute - hopefully they will all learn to live together Ü nicely!

The Chatty Housewife said...

Calico kittens are adorable! We used to have a mother cat that was calico, but a lot of her kittens would turn out a peachy color because our tom cats were peach.