She took her learner's test the other day, and passed (with flying colors). So we went to have her eye test this morning and then on to the Autopac agent to get the permit. She's pretty excited! When it was time to pay J asked who would pay for it, and I said I would - soon enough she'll be independent and paying her own bills. She has to wear her glasses for driving, but part of her birthday present was contacts - she turned 16 on Tuesday - she's happy about the contacts.
I have to admit to a little nervousness at the thought of being in the passenger seat with a brand new driver behind the wheel. But at least she's a careful, cautious kid. Right now I do so much taxiing (is that a word?) the kids around - especially J - that I am glad we are starting the process of someone else in the family getting a drivers license!


No comments:
Post a Comment