April 4, 2008

More white stuff. (sigh . . .)



It's almost enough to make a Manitoban cry. It seems like we've had a long winter - maybe I'm the only one who feels that way?? I am soooo ready for spring this year. On Tuesday afternoon the heavy white stuff started coming down, and we got about 3 inches. The good news is that it melted. We still have BIG drifts on the yard, but there is melting progress! The fields are mostly black. The ditches are full of water. The creek is starting to creep up over the edge of the gravel road. And the geese are back! One must look on the bright side!

I worked this evening, and when I went out to drive home at 11:20, alas, there was more white stuff falling. It snowed all the way home. Anyone want to come live in Manitoba???? Bring your shovel.

1 comment:

Glenda Conner said...

AHHHH I hear ya R! We got 8" out of that same storm and it also was gone in a couple of days but come on where's the heat!