April 25, 2008

Update on Prince the Pony

For a couple of weeks now, Prince has been at the 4-H leader's place. I mentioned in an earlier post that she kindly offered to take him for a while and try to teach him some manners. It was NOT a Fun Experience for A and Cindy and the neighbor kid to get him into her trailer. Her trailer is not the step-up kind, but had a ramp, and it was just too spooky to him. He was rearing a lot, and bumping his head a couple of times on a corner of a trailer door (the ramp goes up to close, and then there are two little doors above that close). K was in tears and I was worried he would slash his head open. This went on for quite a while. Finally I went and sat in the truck (it was so cold and windy) and prayed about it. Once I warmed up I got out expecting to see more of the struggle (O faithless heart!) and he was in the trailer! Kind of makes you wonder why we don't just ask the Lord for help first thing.

It seems he has settled in nicely at Cindy's, and she's making big strides with him. He's looking at her (before he would just turn away), he's leading nicely, not nipping, etc. I'm quite pleased that it's going so well - she said he's learning very quickly. He's also established himself as head of the herd, or whatever you call it, which is quite funny, because he's sooooo little - he looks like a midget horse next to her two horses.

Here's a picture of him from last summer - he's sticking out his tongue. Goofy little pony. Check out the white markings on his face - to me it looks like a tornado. Maybe we should rename him Twister?

2 comments:

The Chatty Housewife said...

That does look like a twister! Weird. Sounds like you will have a nicer pony when they are done with him. Either that or he will be nicer for them and not you guys! Sounds like he's a stubborn one.

Glenda Conner said...

Ohhh I like Twister too! Maybe he needs a name change to go with his new manners! Ü So cute!