June 23, 2008

A relaxing day with a surprise in the evening

Well, I've not been keeping up with things very well on here, except for updates on K's arm. Ha. Every year I find May and June to be so full of stuff to do that I feel like I'm in a whirlwind, trying to keep up with it all. This year is no exception. I'll be happy when school is done - K's last day is Thursday. J finished exams last week. C should be done sometime next week.

Today was nice - we all (well, except for A!) got to sleep in. C & K slept in the tent in the back yard last night. J did have to work at noon, but I just dropped her off and zipped back home rather than run a gazillion errands. J worked from 12 to 6, and then played slow pitch this evening, so she did have a busy day.

C spent a lot of the day working on one of the few things he has yet to finish up for school - he's writing a research paper.

K had 4H this evening. She was pretty excited and surprised to see that her pony was at the riding arena when we got there - Cindy brought him out for the first time. We've been waiting for this day for a long time. You see, when we first got Prince, he was still a stallion (we were so green last summer that we did not know you did not buy your little girl a stallion for her first pony! Duh!) Within a month, we had him gelded but were told that his behavior might always be a problem since he was gelded late. We actually decided to try to sell him last fall because of this, but he didn't sell. We could only guess how it might work out to bring him to the arena to be around horses that he is not familiar with.

Tonight he did really, really well! Cindy and her girls have obviously been working with him - K was easily able to lead him around the arena right away. Then someone else took the first ride on him, and it went pretty well. Then K had a turn, and it went well, also. He was quite well behaved around the horses, and didn't even try to nip people. He seemed to respond fairly well to K's cues. K was soooo pleased, and had a wonderful time - I don't think she wanted to get off. She was all smiles.

1 comment:

Glenda Conner said...

Ohh goodie, I am so glad he is working out better for K. He was just to cute to get rid of!!