There are next to no pictures here of when she was a toddler - I'll have to dig deeper to find them! I know I took lots!
Here we go:
Bathtime in the kitchen in our apartment in Winnipeg . . .

Visit from Dad & Brenda . . .

Kindergarten . . .

First Grade . . .

Third or fourth grade (don't remember!) . . .

With A R during a visit to Minnesota . . .
.jpg)
With K in their matching dresses that I made them . . .

Ninth birthday . . .

Tenth birthday with K in front, C in back, and A on the right . . .

I don't know what grade this is!(but I'm guessing 5th?) . . .

J helping work on the piano. This is the piano that I learned to play on (somewhat!) when I was a kid. Dad and one of my stepbrothers brought it up to us from Minnesota. We refinished it and then had a piano technician do some work on it, but we did as much as we could ourselves. This step is replacing the stirrups (I think that's what they're called - little straps). We discovered that it was easiest for J to do this part since she had such small nimble fingers. She did a great job. Thanks, J! . . .

On a trip in the van somewhere . . .

J riding a friend's horse, Blackjack (BJ) at 4H. Funny, but we now have BJ in our corral keeping Prince company. He's on loan.

7th or 8th Grade . . .

Graduation photo for junior high . . .

Ninth Grade . . .

Tenth Grade . . .

Eleventh Grade . . .

Twelfth Grade . . .

Where has the time gone? Whoooooosh! We recently found her grad gown - had a fun time shopping in bridal shops in downtown Winnipeg (well, I had a fun day - I didn't have to change a gazillion times!) Now she's got her eye on a car she likes. Today she borrowed our car to go to Winnipeg on her own (with a friend - A) to go to the orthodontist. Soon she gets her braces off. She's pondering her future after high school - considering working a year, and then maybe training in nursing or paramedics or wherever the Lord leads her.
We love you J!
Love,
Mom


3 comments:
Wow - all grown up is right! Happy Belated B-Day J!
That was such a cool post! I loved all the old photos and the kindergarten one is my favorite. We were such good friends at that age and I can remember playing together at Regina Conference. :) HAPPY BIRTHDAY J!
J looks very different now than she did in kindergarten. By the way everybody, J did get the car she was trying to find! Congrats J!!
Post a Comment