
No, not the canine variety, but the yummy peanut butter/chocolate snack that does kind of resemble dog food! For the past few years during the pre-Christmas season, the local IGA has put out a stack of Puppy Chow recipes next to all the ingredients needed. This year I thought I'd give it a try. Here's the recipe:
1 box Crispix cereal
1 package chocolate chips
1/2 cup margarine
1 cup peanut butter
2 cups icing sugar
Melt chocolate chips, margarine and peanut butter. Pour over cereal in a large bowl and mix thoroughly. Pour the icing sugar into a large brown pager bag and add the cereal. Fold the bag to seal and shake well to coat evenly. Spread on waxed paper to cool and dry.
Sounds easy enough, and it was. K helped me and even A had to give the bag a few shakes. Kind of weird to use a paper bag, but it worked! The icing sugar only seeped out a little during shaking. It's really quite a yummy treat. And of course, if you eat it on the weekend, the calories don't count. ;o) Right?


2 comments:
Mmmm, this is one of my favorite sweet treats! My recipe looks a lot more chocolately than yours (I know that's not a real word...) and I use rice chex because they are gluten free. :) Yum! I will have to make these soon!
Oh yum - Kait loves to make this - one of her favorites!
Post a Comment