December 19, 2008

Maybe a scorpion???

I'm off to town to try to find something gross. Last night K let me know that she needed a gift for her Secret Pal today. Oops - we forgot! Each week for the past 3 weeks they were supposed to sneak their Secret Pal a little something without revealing who they were. Today at their Christmas Party they find out who's been giving them gifts. Said Secret Pal has a penchant for snakes, lizards, and similar creepy creatures. She's already given him a squooshy snake and a stretchy rubbery bean bag tarantula. Such lovely gifts. :oP (He loved them.) They were cheap - but K's insisting that today's gift has to be the best yet. I just don't know how I can top the tarantula if I only have time to shop in Altona. We'll see what our bustling metropolis has in the way of creepy crawlies . . .

For the party today her whole class is spending the day at her teacher's house. K's backpack was stuffed with a gallon pail of Puppy Chow (see earlier post), a head of Romaine lettuce (they're making tacos for lunch), gifts for the janitor and secretary at school, and her swimsuit and beach towel because they get to go in the teacher's hot tub. Her backpack would not even zip shut. She was sooo excited.

Okay - gotta run. I'm thinking I may end up buying candy . . . Unless I hit the jackpot and happen across a really cool scorpion or something. I'll keep you posted. :o)

2 comments:

mauritamay said...

this post made me laugh. :-) too funny! you could have looked for some roadkill ... surely that would have topped the gross list? sounds like a fun day (for k)

Anonymous said...

Ha ha! gross gifts! I like that theme! Sounds like an awesome party - she must have a great teacher!
~bethany