September 16, 2008

Fun Weekend

For Labour Day weekend, someone had the wonderful idea of having a get together with fun activities Saturday for the young and young at heart, with a sing for everyone in the evening, and then we had all day meetings on Sunday. Some came from Regina, Illinois, Minnesota, and of course the locals and some not so local locals. And I think I'm forgetting somewhere. Two lovely young ladies from Regina stayed at our house for the weekend - it was fun to have them! Come again, N & K!

Anyway - I didn't get in on the games on Saturday, but the kids did - they played Dutch Blitz with HUGE cards outside on the lawn, Bible Jeopardy, relays involving lipstick and eggs, and I'm not sure what all - sounded fun, and the kids had a good time. The sing was nice, and it was so good to be together for the meetings on the Lord's Day. It was a pretty warm weekend, and the building was not air-conditioned but someone generously loaned their window air-conditioner for Sunday, making things much more bearable. Thank you, thank you, thank you! (Me and the heat do not mix.)

Couldn't resist taking pics of some of the cute babies present.

A's talented mama made the top A is wearing here:



Big brown eyes:



It was fun to watch them together.



K is still sporting remnants of the lipstick game in this shot. She loves babies. Can you tell?



Can't to forget to mention the awesome waffle breakfast on Monday morning, hosted outside at F's parents' farm. In a word - YUMMY! Waffles, strawberries, and a delicious Mennonite pudding-like sauce - not sure what you call it, and probably couldn't spell the Low German word for it anyway! I DID get the recipe. :o)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wasn't that a fun weekend! Life has been a bit of blur since then so it was nice to remember it via your blog!
~bethany

The Chatty Housewife said...

Oh dear, those cheeks on A are what I miss the most I think!

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you had a blog! HAHA Cute pictures!!